Pages

Friday, May 8, 2015

Finally Summer!

I have finally had my last final! At least for the previous semester. I can't believe that I made it. I had moments where I was convinced I would never make it though the semester, let alone do well. At least, I think I did well, I won't know for sure until next week when grades are finally posted.

I haven't done much with this blog for awhile because I have been obsessed with school. The weeks of classes that I missed because of dealing with my health required that I spend most of my time trying to catch up. I wasn't entirely convinced I could do it and I am so relieved to have this semester over with. But that now means I can focus on other things, such as getting some updates on my blog.

So what has been happening? I have recently changed guilds and this past week was the first time I have run with my new group. It's a trial period for both them and me. I had been contemplating leaving Spoiled Milk for awhile now. Everyone had seemed so excited about new content at the end of Mists but after the expansion released, people began to slowly disappear. This past month, I realized I was the only active player left in my guild. I suppose I could have tried to recruit, but to build a new team from nothing? I didn't have the time because of school, the energy because of school and dealing with other problems, and I didn't particularly want to lead either. I figured once school was done, I would begin looking for a new group.

That was my original plan but last week, I saw a casual raiding group looking for a holy paladin. They were partway though heroics and they sounded like a group that I really wanted to be involved with. I know by now, that I am not particularly interested in being in a top-end raiding guild. I just want to see the content and continue to improve. I had also noticed that while many groups were looking for healers, very few had been looking for holy paladins. I decided to take a chance and respond to the person recruiting. We had a great chat and I warned him that I wouldn't be able to start for two weeks because I needed dead week to prepare for finals. He told me that would be fine and I got a guild invite.

This last week was fun for me. I haven't raided in quite some time so I was rusty. I also had some internet issues Thursday night which caused me to eat more lances and bombs than I should have. I love my family and I love being on a farm, but, sometimes, the internet drives me insane. I suppose I should just be glad that I actually had internet because we had lost it earlier that week and it had been slow since. First-world problems and all of that. Anyway, they were pretty understanding, as far as I can tell, and I hope next week to show them that I won't eat as much damage when I have a better internet connection. Hopefully things will continue to look as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment