Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

20 Days of Blogging - Day 2

Day 02 – Why you decided to start a blog

My shaman, still wearing her Mogolympics outfit
I wasn't going to start a blog.  The idea of trying to write and come up with stuff consistently was a terrifying idea.  If I was going to share anything online it was going to be a web comic. And I even had a vague idea for a story to tell.  But I never started it. It was more of a someday idea then anything I was going to do right away.  After all, I had school to get though.

About that time I began lurking though other Warcraft blogs looking for more stuff to read.  I didn't comment since I was terrified of saying something but I started going back to some sites again and again.  I finally said something when JD announced his Mogolympics contest.  I really wanted to be a part of it.  And that introduced me to the Amateur and his Missus and eventually to Shoryl for her Laid Back Dungeons and other bloggers though the Laid Back Raids.  I found that I really wanted a voice.  I wasn't sure what I would write about but I wanted to be a part of that community.  And I quickly realized that I had the perfect thing to start posting with, my entries to the Mogolympics!

I thought I'd post more mogging stuff and while I've done a bit it's been pretty sporadic.  I've found that my thoughts about what I'd blog about have changed a bit and I feel like I'm still finding my way.  At times I feel like the blog is merely a brain dump for me but it's been a lot of fun and I enjoy having taken part in the different contests and events that other bloggers have put on.  I'm also always so happy when someone decides to play my Warcraft pet game.  It's nice to have something that I feel is unique to me. And I hope to evolve my game into something more.  I'm going to have to take some time and see what cool stuff I can do to make my game even better. (That's my not so subtle way of asking for suggestions).


No comments:

Post a Comment