Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

10 Days of Pet Battling - Day 3

Day 3: Who is your favourite pet? If you could bring it out into the real world, tell me what you imagine you would be doing.

How can I pick just one as a favorite? Well, the one that I would most like to bring into the real world is the Feline Familiar.
Yes, it's a cat. With glowing eyes and a hat. It's magical and perfect. I've named my Tuttle. There's a bit of a story behind the name.

My real cat is a grey tabby that I've named Radar after a character from the tv show M.A.S.H.  When I spent some time in the college dorms and my family teased me about not having my cat with me.  So I made up an imaginary black cat that was absolutely perfect and since he was invisible he was the perfect cat to take into a dorm room. But my cat needed a name. Thankfully my mom was watching the first season of  M.A.S.H. and we reached one of my favorite episodes called "Tuttle" and the plot involved Hawkeye's invisible friend Tuttle. Tuttle happened to be rather perfect which also made the name perfect for my invisible cat. When WoW allowed for players to name their pets I named one of my tabby cats Radar and I knew the Feline Familiar was the perfect cat to name Tuttle. If any cat could turn invisible it would be that cat.

2 comments:

  1. Now that's a cool story behind your fave pet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. There are quite a few Tuttle stories. Like the time he donated all his cat nip and kitty toys to the orphaned kittens. Or the time he rescued a mother cat and her kindle of kittens from a rabid wolf. Or jumped from a thirty-story building with five cats strapped to his chest to save them from a burning building. He's quite the cat.

      Delete