Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Halfway there!

This week's raiding with Spoiled Milk I was able to take my hunter for most of the bosses. Horray for sporebat! Go Awoi and Eoda!

We cruised though the first four bosses although I did switch to my warlock for the third boss. Since our kill last week was so close we wanted as much dps as possible to ensure a kill. Got it in one shot with everyone alive at the end. That's a huge improvement.

Last week we had gotten several attempts on Galakras and we were optimistic about our chances of getting a kill. Our first attempt was very close. We had less then 1% left before we wiped. There were a few minor mishaps that we felt cost us the kill such as one person went a bit sideways instead of straight back and the explosion killed a few people and a major raid cooldown got used too early. Just small stuff but we felt next time we would have the kill. Unfortunately we bungled the next few attempts and didn't get past the first phase. Eventually we were getting ready to call our last attempts because one of our tanks really needed to leave. And the attempt was good! It's amazing how well that last attempt works. We managed to pull Galakras down and everything went well.

We decided we had enough time for one attempt on Iron Juggernaut and raced off to try. It was a giant mess and a pretty good end for the night.

The next night we were prepared for Iron Juggernaut and I was surprised to find myself raiding on my hunter again. I expected that I would be asked to warlock again so I was pretty nervous. Iron Juggernaut was really easy. We got the kill on our 2nd attempt.

We then made our way to the Dark Shamans. They told me to stop dying so much. I really need to figure out how to keep my hunter alive. My turtle Soup has definitely spoiled me because I have no idea how to keep my hunter alive. I was asked to pull the bosses because I could feign death. Unfortunately I actually had a real death. Anyway, our first attempts on the boss was the two tank strategy but the closest we got was about 40%. One of our dps was clammering for a three tank strat and volunteering to be the third tank. We figured we'd give it a shot. If it worked, great, and if it didn't we wouldn't be out much and we'd get our dps to stop talking about it.

The three tank strat requires one tank on the female shaman and two tanks for the male one. The shamans are pulled apart far enough so that their abilities don't overlap. The raid is divided by melee and range. The range attack the female shaman and the ooze adds while the melee deal with the male shaman. The male group went to the corridor that leads to the next boss. I'm not completely sure how they dealt with stuff except that they stayed close together, moved out of the flame wall, and made sure to drop the poison stream close to the building. Since I was ranged I was far away from the melee. The tank with the female boss pulled her over to the gates that are the entrance to Orgrimmar and tried to stay as far away from the other tank as possible. As ranged I just had to avoid stuff and make sure to slow and kill the oozes.  When the bosses bloodlusted they were pulled together to make sure that we could get as much damage on them both as possible.

Our first attempt with the three tank strat brought the bosses down to 1%. It was very close. This was definitely what would work for us. After a couple more attempts we had another boss kill.

We had a few attempts on General Naz'grim. And while we got close we weren't able to get a kill. Hopefully next week we'll push though and get further along.

No comments:

Post a Comment