Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Blog Azeroth Shared Topic: Flavours of WoW

Over on Blog Azeroth this weeks Shared topic is from Cymre at Bubbles of Mischief and states:

It would not be uncommon to hear about the initial release of World of Warcraft as Vanilla or Classic. In terms of ice cream or gelato (which is my preference), Vanilla was once considered the most popular flavour of it's time. So if Vanilla represents Classic Wow, what flavours could represent the following expansions?

The first stop on our culinary tour is the Burning Crusade. When I think of BC I remember going though the portal for the first time and being overwhelmed by the sights. Playing though the zones the world seemed bright and colorful, as well as the armor. It seemed like and exciting place and that a lot had changed from the original game and things could only keep getting better.

Next up is Wrath. Even though I've started playing in BC, I consider myself a wrath baby.  Why? Because I spent all of my time in BC leveling, getting my first level 70 the week before Wrath was released.  It was during Wrath that I feel I went from a completely lost and confused newb to merely being lost and confused.  But it was also during Wrath that I got to experience end game and content while it was current.  When I think of Northrend, I think of it with fondness, and yes, even nostalgia. I think Wrath has a darker flavor than BC and vanilla making it a chocolate flavor. But I don't think chocolate quite explains all the little pieces that make up Wrath, instead I think it's Rocky Road since it has just this little bit extra to make it special.


I think Cata is a step away from Wrath and closer to Classic. Cata took the old world and redefined it. Making it something new and exciting. That's why I think Cata is Dulce de Leche Caramel. 

Pandara is the most difficult to describe since I'm not looking back at it but instead anticipating it. That's why I think Pandara is something I haven't tried but it's something I can't wait to be digging into soon.

2 comments:

  1. Your last flavour looks especially delicious as I haven't seen than one mentioned before. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And I think the Caramel ice cream tastes even better than it looks :D

    ReplyDelete