Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Mogolympics - More Catch-up Cycling through Discus

The Mogolympics has been going on for almost two weeks now and almost half of the outfits have already been revealed. Currently they've announced the results for Cycling, Hammer Throw, Discus, Wrestling, and Archery. It's a pretty tight competition and I'm really proud to say that I've managed to snag a silver in discus and a bronze in archery. Two medals is pretty extraordinary.

So without further ado I present:

Cycling



When I started creating outfits I knew I wanted to make sure and use both a male and female goblin since I was representing the Bilgewater Cartel. After some consideration I thought that a male goblin would be the perfect choice for my cycling entry. While I don't ride a motorcycle myself, I do have some members of my family that do and the biggest thought I had while building this outfit was protection. After all you never know when you'll be attacking by a wild turkey (since that's my brother's story and not mine I'll leave it at that). So when I began to build this outfit I started with the chest piece and looked for something that I felt looked leather jacket and also that it'd protect as well. I loved the piece I chose but since it was sleeveless I added a shirt to the outfit as well. Than using the colors from the chest I kept going from there while keeping an eye out for stuff that felt motorcycle to me. The helm is something I was 100% sold on because of the horns but it was also one of the few helms that covered the whole head that also worked well in my color palette.

Helm: Raging Berserker's Helm
Shoulder: Merciless Gladiator's Linked Spaulders
Chest: Warmonger's Chestpiece
Shirt: Rustic Workman's Shirt
Gloves: Replica Beastmaster's Gloves
Waist: Scarlet Belt
Legs: Dragonstrike Leggings
Feet: Flamescale Boots




Hammer Throw


I had a lot of difficulty with this event because I'm not overly fond of the 2H mace models.  I started and stopped on a few and tried different races as well. But when I saw this mace on my rogue the colors grabbed my attention. The mace was the same green as my Night Elf's hair while having a red glow while my rogue's skin had a red tinge to it. So I started building from there. I figured since it had to be an end-game transmog I would have to work with plate since I can't think of any 2H maces that aren't strength weapons. Since I was working with a Night Elf I figured she would be a warrior and I love the idea of putting my warrior in a skirt. The off-set piece from paladin tier 10 picked up the greens from the mace but also added in some browns and didn't overwhelm the mace. I picked up on the browns from the skirt in the warrior chestpiece and I loved the shoulders with this outfit because it adds in some more of the glow from the weapon. I'm actually really happy with this look but I think that the look is better on a model that doesn't have such red coloring.

Helm: Faceplate of the Impenetrable
Shoulders: Conqueror's Siegebreaker Shoulderplates
Chest: Catacysmic Chestguard
Gloves: Gauntlets of Rising Anger
Waist: Hardened Obsidium Belt
Legs: Corrupted Silverplate Leggings
Feet: Ironstriders of Urgency
Weapon: Saronite Mindcrusher




Discus


My first medal winning transmog! This shaman look managed to tie for silver!
I really struggled with my discus entry. I was originally very set on the idea of making a plate look and I originally started with the blue and gold shield. As time was ticking by I switched to the dark grey shield since I felt it presented more versatility for colors than the blue and gold one but I still wasn't coming up with anything that was making me happy. So I decided to switch and give working in plate a try. I was originally set on using Herod's Shoulder since it's one of my favorite pieces of armor but the red and gold weren't playing well with the dark grey. Finally I threw it out decided since I wasn't using my favorite shoulders I'd use one of my favorite chest models. This model comes in several colors and I attempted to build a set in grey and red before trying in the blue and grey. At first I still wasn't very happy with my look but decided I'd finish this one before starting again since I was running low on time. Browsing though shoulders I felt that the Skyshatter shoulderpads were the only option that would hit all the colors I wanted but it was when I was cruising though the mace models that I finally realized I had something awesome. The mace was in her hand and it all just seemed to click as perfect.

Shoulders: Skyshatter Shoulderpads
Chest: Dark Iron Mail
Gloves: Renegade Gauntlets
Waist: Wrathful Gladiator's Waistguard of Triumph
Legs: Frozen Forest Kilt
Main Hand: Crystal Spire of Karabor
Off Hand: Husk Shield

2 comments:

  1. I adore your biker outfit! That's not something I'd have thought to put together but it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I appreciate the compliment!

    ReplyDelete