Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Mogolympics - Playing Catchup with the Flagbearer

Over at Amateur Azerothian, the Mogolympics are in full swing with 4 of the events already posted. One of the things I've wanted to do was provide a bit of insight into what I was thinking when I made these outfits. So I'd like to start with my flagbearer.


When I first heard of this event I was really nervous about entering since I hadn't really done much more than read blogs. I hadn't even commented before. But I really wanted to give this a try so after a bunch of internal waffling I submitted a comment asking to participate. Than to keep myself distracted I decided I'd make a practice outfit for a flagbearer. Since I saw Sporeggar already had a Representative and I considered that one of the hardest tabards to design around I thought I'd try and design around a tabard that I thought would be just as difficult. I picked Bilgewater Cartel since I didn't think the orange color and the patchwork nature of it would be easy to work with.

I grabbed my lvl 20 goblin mage Wizzleboom to be a model and began looking to see what I could find.  I decided since I was on my mage to just stick with cloth and see what I could do with it and that I didn't want a skirt or dress since that would tuck the end of the tabard in.  After staring at the tabard for a bit I decided to see what legs were available that would match the color of the explosion around the bomb and the Elegant Leggings were a great fit. The boots were more difficult. I found that on a goblin most of the regular boots would cover up too much of the lighter color of the pants and the shoes just didn't match the colors well. I was ready to pull hair until I reached the end and saw the S.B.R.B. Prototype I shoes which my mage was actually wearing. I grabbed a belt and tunic I felt went pretty well and than started browsing though the shoulders and didn't get very far when I saw the Time Lord's Mantle. I didn't think anything could be more perfect. The colors matched and the spinning gears seemed very goblin. After grabbing some gloves and bracers I was feeling pretty happy with my results and felt confident that I'd be able to come up with outfits for the different events.

Having felt that enough time had passed that I might have a faction I went to check and see where I'd been assigned.  So I was a bit shocked when I returned to see this as my reply:

Thanks for signing up! The Bilgewater Cartel are offering a substantial amount of black market gold to do them proud. :)

REALLY!!! Guess I was going to be making better time on my outfits than I thought :)

For those who might be wondering this is what Wizzleboom is sporting in her mug shot:
Shoulder: Time Lord's Mantle
Chest: Valorous Kirin Tor Tunic
Tabard: Bilgewater Cartel Tabard
Wrist: Bracers of Unconquered Power
Gloves: Gossamer Gloves
Waist: Wise man's Belt
Legs: Elegant Leggings
Feet: S.B.R.B Prototype I
Off-hand: Thermotastic Egg Timer
Sword: Peacekeeper Blade (I don't actually think a mage can use this sword in a transmog though. When I was going though items I knew a mage could use a sword but I wasn't sure if there was any that were end-game but I also wasn't thinking about how most spell power weapons are main-hand only while this sword could be used in either hand so a mage most likely wouldn't be able to use it for mogging.)

No comments:

Post a Comment