While running through MC, BWL, AQ40, and Naxx over the weekend, I got to thinking...I love this idea! At first I wasn't sure I could think of anything but the more I thought the more ideas I came up with. I'm only doing pets for BC and Wrath raids because it's a lot of different pets to get though. So first up are the Burning Crusade raids.
If a future patch adds more raid-dropped pets like those introduced in 5.1, what pets would you like to see? What raid and boss would they be available from?
The three bosses I think should drop pets in Kara are The Curator, Netherspite, and the Chess event.
- The Curatror could drop an arcane guardian magic pet that shares his appearance.
- Netherspite could drop a netherdragon that resembles him as well.
- The Chess event could drop a chess piece. It would have to have a more generic appearance than the pieces Medivh plays with but I think it would be pretty neat. It could be any piece but I'd really like a knight.
Three bosses that could drop a pet are Hydross the Unstable, The Lurker Below, and Morogrim Tidewalker. These pets would just be aquatic pet versions of the bosses.
The Black Temple
The Black Temple has a couple of bosses with great potential for pets but the three I would most like to see are Supremus, High Warlord Naj'entus, and the Reliquary of Souls
- Supremus would drop a minfernal magic pet with blue coloring like himself.
- High Warlord Naj'entus would drop a humanoid naga pet that looks similar to him
- The Reliquary of Souls would drop an undead pet that could changes it's appearance when summoned to one of the three different phases the Reliquary goes though.
Magtheridon and Gruul's Lair
After a bit of thought and some back and forth I figured the last three pets could come from Matheridon's Lair and Gruul's Lair
- Matheridon would drop a humanoid pit lord pet
- High King Maulgar from Gruul's Lair would drop a humanoid ogre pet. It could be any ogre model.
- Gruul would drop a Gronn pet.
Wrath of the Lich King
I have fives bosses I would love to see drop pets in Uld. They are Flame Leviathan, Ignis the Furnace Master, Auriaya, Freya, and General Vezax
- Flame Leviathan would drop a mechanical pet that looks like the boss
- Ignis the Furnace Master would drop a magical Iron Construct pet that would change color when pulled across fire and then put into water.
- Auriaya would drop a beast pet cat with glowing eyes and the dark metal look to them
- Freya would drop a magic tree guardian pet
- General Vezax would drop a humanoid lost ones pet
Trial of the Crusader
The bosses that would drop a pet from this raid would be the Northrend Beasts, Lord Jaraxxus, the Val'kyr Twins, and Anub'arak
- The Northrend Beasts would drop a Snobold humanoid pet
- Lord Jaraxxus would drop an elemental Mistress of Pain pet
- The Val'kry twins would drop a humanoid val'kry pet
- Anub'arak would drop an undead nerubian pet that could be similar to him or be a different model
Bosses that would drop a pet in ICC are Lord Marrowgar, Icecrown Gunship, Professor Putricide
- Lord Marrowgar would drop an undead pet version of himself. This is the one I most want since I imagine it spinning around and yelling "Bone Storm!"
- Icecrown Gunship would drop a mechanical flying ship.
- Professor Putricide would drop an undead flesh beast. Festergut and Rotface's little brother Festerface! or maybe it should be Rotgut! hmm...
That's a total of 24 different pets and bosses. I don't know what achievement pets I'd give for collecting them all but it would be pretty fun.